The question of whether or not you need to rent a car in Dubai comes up quite often with our customers. Our answer depends on the purpose of your travel, where you are staying, and where you want to go.
The average cost of a rental car is $20/day, for a mini-van it is $55/day, plus you’ll need to consider the cost of fuel.
If the purpose of your travel is business and requires that you have the ability to move about the various areas of the city, especially outside of the Sheikh Zayed Road and Dubai Creek corridors, you are best off renting a vehicle.
If you are a family on vacation, staying in or around Sheikh Zayed Road, DXB, or Dubai Creek, or if you are a business professional commuting to and from work in the same areas, you could save quite a bit by taking the Dubai Metro.
The Dubai Metro is considered one of the cleanest and safest metros in the world.
The areas with easy access to the Dubai Metro include:
• Al Qusais
• Al Rashidiya
• Dubai International Airport
• In and around Dubai Creek
• Bur Dubai
• DTC (Dubai Trade Centre) and DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre)
• Downtown Dubai (Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall)
• Mall of the Emirates (Ski Dubai)
• Dubai Internet and Media Cities
• Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)
• Dubai Marina
These areas are a bit farther, but are still in reasonable proximity to the Metro:
• Jumeirah and Jumeirah Beach (Burj al Arab and Wild Wadi)
• Palm Jumeirah (Atlantis-The Palm and AquaVenture)
• Al Barsha
• The Greens
Tickets are easy to purchase at any of the ticket offices or vending machine at any station, but if you are planning to use The Dubai Metro as a major source of travel we suggest you purchase a SmartCard .
A SmartCard is a pre-paid card that you can add to that you swipe through the gate at the stations. The cost of the trip is then deducted from the card.
There are a number of benefits in using the SmartCard. They are:
• The SmartCard is convenient and saves you time. You don’t have to purchase a ticket for each trip.
• There is a daily cap of 14 AED ($3.80), prices on the red line are slightly higher, in Dubai Metro fares. So you won’t spend more than the daily cap regardless of how much you ride in a day.
• The SmartCard can also be used on any of Dubai’s city buses or water taxis on Dubai Creek.
If you rely on the Dubai Metro for your transportation needs, you may find the need to hail a taxi every once in awhile, but overall you should be able to save.
Learn more about our great selection of accommodations offering easy access to the Dubai Metro. contact us to book www.dubaishortstay.net
Comments are closed.