Dubaishortstay.net: FAQ’s Dubai Holiday Rental and Dubai Vacation rentals ,villas & Apartments
1. When is high season and when is low season in Dubai? Dubai offers all year round sun, with the high season running from September to May including the Christmas & New Year periods and the Easter Holidays. Mid-low season is June through August when the weather is the warmest.
2. What can the weather be like in Dubai per season? Temperatures from October to May make Dubai a hugely popular winter sun resort for its visitors whilst the mid-low season offers excellent value for money with some flights and accommodation rates being lower priced than during the high season. October through May is the most ideal climate with temperatures ranging from around mid 20°C’s to the high 30°C’s. June through September is the warmest with average daily temperatures reaching 40+°C. Unlike seasonal tourist destinations however, Dubai remains fully open for the whole year offering superb facilities and is truly a quality fascinating destination for all visitors.
3. How can we book a villa or apartment? You can book by sending an email from the property page of the property you are interested in and completing the required fields. We will send you a reply within 24 hours or give you a call to answer any possible questions you might have. We then wait for your email with a confirmation and you can pay a percentage of the rental. Once we receive the required deposit, the house or apartment is confirmed.
4. How much do we pay upon booking a property? You pay 50% of the rental for booking to reserve any property in advance. If the date of arrival is less than 60 days the entire rental amount will be required.
5. What payment options are available? You can pay with 3 different payment options; Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express(Amex at office only and not online), Wire transfer Check
6. How do we know when a property has been officially booked for us? A property has been booked the moment the agreed down-payment has been received. The moment we confirm receipt, email confirmation is sent to you.
7. Can we book a property for less than a week? In most cases this is possible to rent for less than a week, especially in the low season. Send us an email to enquire about availability for the holiday property of your interest. In most cases, apart from the high season including Christmas/New Year period, some discount may be negotiated for a stay of over two weeks.
8. Do we get a discount if we stay for more than two weeks? There are many reasons: • Private accommodation offers you, your family and friends a truly Dubai atmosphere, more space, more comfort, more informality, more privacy, and more personal service. • Renting a private villa or apartment through Dubaishortstay.net is great value. When calculated on a per bedroom or per person basis and considering all the “extras” you’d have to pay in a hotel, a private villa vacation is significantly cheaper than staying at Dubai’s luxury hotels or resorts. • Expenses for food and drink, snacks, laundry, printing and faxes etc. are charged at cost and therefore much lower compared to a hotel where they can easily double or triple your bill. When you rent a private villa, you’ll save about US$40 to US$80 or more per person per day on food & beverages and “extras” compared to staying at a good hotel.
9. What are the advantages of renting a private villa?
The minimum rental period for private villas and apartments is not fixed, but based depending on the season and availability. You can reserve properties for any number of days as long as it exceeds the specific properties minimum rental period. Our portfolio includes some properties where owners own furniture and accessories are used so owners may want to know a little more about their guests than a hotel would ask.
10. What else is different from staying in a hotel?
The number of properties in the Dubaishortstay.net portfolio is limited to properties that meet our high standards. Although rates range from less than US$200 to US$1,000 per day, each property has been carefully selected to represent the best value in its class. All properties in the Dubaishortstay.net portfolio are located in middle to upper class expatriate neighborhoods with a large number of residential westerners, usually only minutes away from beaches, good restaurants and malls and all have pool and/r gym facilities.
11. What kind of properties can I choose from?
The number of properties in the Dubaishortstay.net portfolio is limited to properties that meet our high standards. Although rates range from less than US$200 to US$1,000 per day, each property has been carefully selected to represent the best value in its class.
All properties in the Dubaishortstay.net portfolio are located in middle to upper class expatriate neighborhoods with a large number of residential westerners, usually only minutes away from beaches, good restaurants and malls and all have pool and/r gym facilities.
12. How do I choose the right property?
By filling out the customer requirement form on a property of interest you provide us with such details as special needs for the disabled, elderly or children & infants. It’s not enough just to know the number of bedrooms required. Should the property suggested not fully satisfy your specified requirements we will recommend a suitable option. The earlier you let us start the selection process the better the chance that a property which suits all your requirements is still available.
13. How comfortable are your properties?
Properties in our portfolio have all been constructed after 2001. In order to be added to our portfolio they are required to meet certain standards from kitchen and entertainment appliances to furniture and linens.
Kitchens are fully equipped with a stove, refrigerator/freezer, and all the normal cooking utensils together with the right number of glasses, knifes and forks, plates, cups, and so on. Each property is supplied with bed sheets, towels, etc. sufficient for the maximum number of guests. Due to this being a new accommodation option in Dubai all furnishings and fittings are new and run through our quality checks.
The majority of our properties have shared or private swimming pools.
14. How do you cater to the executive/corporate needs?
In our “Executive Enabled” properties you’ll find a study with a fully operational home office including a computer with 24 hour high speed internet access, printer, fax machine. Whether you are a tourist that wants to stay connected to family and friends or a group of executives that need the home option convenience the “Executive Enabled” property option is an added convenience for any stay in Dubai.
15. In addition to the rental what other services do you provide?
All properties featured in the Dubaishortstay.net program are serviced by twice weekly maid service that includes full house cleaning, laundry and linen change.
Dubaishortstay.net is now providing a plethora of value added services such as tours and car hire through its network of activity and service providers in Dubai. In order to distinguish ourselves in the marketplace we have negotiated rates with all providers that will either be below or at prevailing market prices. Please refer to the Recommended Activities link.
16. Should I rent a car?
Car hire is readily available in Dubai however, the high volume of very affordable taxis (due to the low price of fuel) means that car hire is not mandatory. Taxis are in abundance and from most of our property locations the price of a cab to local restaurants or supermarket/mall facilities can be as low as 10 AED (approx US$3).
17. How is Dubai for young children?
Dubai has increasingly developed the value proposition for families and thus there is plenty for them to do and see. From water parks such as “Wild Wadi” to Dubai’s malls catering to kids. Many of our properties reside in family communities that have children’s pools and jungle gyms.
18. How much does it cost to rent your properties?
Rental prices depend on the number of bedrooms, location, season, and facilities of the particular property. Generally speaking, you should expect to pay between US$100 for a one bedroom apartment up to US$1000 a night for a 5/6 bedroom villa with private pool in one of the more desirable areas.
Season, Length of Stay, and Booking Date are other important factors: Most villas cost 25% to 50% more over certain holidays (Christmas, New Year and Easter) and during Dubai’s high season in January and February when the Shopping Festival, ATP Tennis and PGA Golf Tournaments commence. Alternatively last minute deals on stays longer than 14 days can be more than 20% below normal rental rates.
19. When should I make my reservation?
Dubai is experiencing a major tourist boom and therefore demand is high. So book as early as you can.
Our policy is strictly first-come, first-serve. It is recommended to book the Christmas/New Year period at least 3-4 months in advance or more if you have unique requirements. We would also recommend booking other high season periods at least 3-4 months in advance.
20. Why should I book with Dubaishortstay.net?
Because we distinguish ourselves with our property standards and our after arrival services and support. Dubaishortstay.net owners and staff have lived in Dubai for more than a decade and therefore have a plethora of knowledge and connections to facilitate your Dubai experience.
The high standards of our properties have been selected to ensure long-term brand recognition in the marketplace much like a 5 star hotel. Our 24/7 Service Center offers the convenience of your Personal Butler.